Five Creative Ways to Store Fruit at Home
There are different creative ways to store fruit at home that will help keep them fresh much longer. In fact, some of these methods can also help your kitchen look more beautiful.
We’ll show you five creative ways to store fruit at home to save you time and money.
Mason jars not only look cute on your countertop, but they also keep your fruit fresh.
Here are some guidelines on how to use mason jars to store fruit:
- Use canning jars for citrus fruits like limes and lemons.
- Use quart-sized jars for storing soft fruits like berries and cherries.
- Use half-pint or pint-sized jars for storing apples, pears, and other firmer fruits.
- Store grapes in a mesh bag inside a jar to keep them from spoiling.
- Use a mason jar lid with a hole cut out of the center to store bananas.
Baskets allow air circulation, which helps keep the fruit from spoiling. They’re also attractive and will give your kitchen a great look.
Hanging Fruit Baskets
Take your fruit storage up a notch with some hanging fruit baskets. Not only do they look good, but they’re also functional, as they allow air to circulate the fruit.
Use a fruit bowl. A fruit bowl will keep your fruit in plain sight and within reach. You can also buy a bowl that’s specifically designed to store fruit.
Wall-Mounted Fruit Baskets
Looking for another creative Idea? Why not try using a wall-mounted fruit basket instead? These baskets are designed to be mounted on the wall.
Wall-mounted fruit baskets will help you to declutter your countertops if you don’t have a lot of cabinet space.
These fruit storage ideas will help you save space and get more organized. Try out one or more of these methods and see which works best.